These Air Fryer Carrots are deliciously caramelized and rubbed with a parmesan-dill rub for a bold and sweet flavor that makes the perfect easy side dish.
Using an Air Fryer
I hear everyone ask if an air fryer is worth the cost. It’s no secret that I love my air fryer, which is a countertop convection oven, and allows hot air to circulate rapidly. The hot circulating air makes food crispy and cooks very quickly, without the mess and fuss of deep fat frying. I highly recommend buying an air fryer.
Air Fryer Carrots Ingredients
- Carrots: You’ll need to peel and cut the carrots in half or to a size that will allow the carrots to cook in an even layer in the air fryer.
- Olive oil: Using a small amount of oil will allow the carrots to crisp nicely in the air fryer.
- Parmesan cheese: Who doesn’t like parmesan cheese? I recommend using freshly grated parmesan cheese for maximum flavor. You can also use pecorino cheese instead. I have used both, and they both give lots of flavor. Pecorino cheese is a little bolder and saltier than parmesan cheese, so consider omitting or decreasing the salt as not to make the carrots too salty if you use the pecorino cheese. I like to grate a little extra on top when the carrots are done.
- Seasonings: One of my favorite blend of seasonings is dill, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. I’ve used it on so many roasted or air fried vegetables. I recently told a friend about this combo, and now she’s obsessed with it too!
How to Make the Carrots
Really it comes down to just 3 simple steps.
- Toss the carrots in the seasoning.
- Air fry and toss halfway through to evenly cook. It’s important to do this with most air fryer recipes to ensure even cooking.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.
Okay, that was really just two steps, but you get my point – it’s an EASY, no-fuss side dish. These Air Fryer Carrots really will go with just about anything.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you’re looking for more air fryer recipes, you might want to check these ones out as well:
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel with Sweet and Sour Cabbage
- Loaded Sweet Potato Greek Fries
- Air Fryer Wings with Mango BBQ Sauce
- Air Fryer Egg Rolls with Chinese Five Spice
Air Fryer Carrots with Parmesan and Dill
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 lb. of carrots, peeled and cut in half or cut to fit your air fryer
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- 1 ½ tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 360 F. Toss carrots together in a large bowl with olive oil, cheese, dill, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne (if using).
- Spread out evenly on the bottom of the air fryer (see notes). Air fry for 7-8 minutes. Toss carrots and continue cooking for additional 4-5 minutes for perfectly al dente carrots.
- Serve immediately.
If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook in batches so that the carrots line the bottom of the air fryer in an even layer. If you need to work in batches, you can keep the first batch(es) of carrots warm on a sheet pan in a 200-degree oven while the remaining carrots cook.