This Passion Fruit Daiquiri is just as tasty as it is easy to make. Made with white rum, passion fruit liqueur, lime juice, and a touch of simple syrup, this twist on the classic daiquiri is bound to be your new favorite drink.
This drink is a tropical dream in a glass! And if you’re in the mood for something a bit different, my Passion Fruit Spritz is a fizzy delight that’s just as easy to fall in love with. You’ll also love my 3 Ingredient Lemon Daiquiri – it’s a simple, zesty twist on the classic cocktail that I think you’ll really enjoy.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Simple – this recipe uses ingredients that you can find just about anywhere and can be whipped up in a matter of a few minutes.
- Flavor profile – the unique sweet-tart flavor of the passion fruit liqueur is the perfect match to balance the sour lime, sweet syrup, and boozy white rum.
- Easily batched for a crowd – this recipe is a great option for making a big batch for your next get-together. The recipe notes below provide tips on making a big batch of this recipe.
White rum: As with any cocktail, I recommend going with your favorite rum for this cocktail. I will say that Bacardi White Rum works well for this drink, is affordable, and is available at pretty much any liquor store.
Passion fruit liqueur: This can be a little more difficult to find than other ingredients, but it should still be found at a well-stocked liquor store. My favorite is Chinola Passion Fruit liqueur. (I also used it in my Passion Fruit Martini!) If you can’t find Chinola, Alizé is another liqueur brand that that works well. Where I live, it is much easier to find the liqueur rather than fresh passion fruit.
Lime juice: As with all cocktails, fresh lime juice will always taste best. If you must or really want to use bottled lime juice, opt for one that is labeled as 100% juice, not juice from concentrate.
Simple syrup: This syrup can be bought but it is super easy to make at home. Simply, combine equal parts water and granulated sugar (I usually do 1 cup of each) and heat on the stovetop or in the microwave until the sugar dissolves completely. Allow it to cool and it is ready to use in cocktails! It keeps for up to 3 weeks in the fridge.
Lime peel for garnish: A garnish is optional, but it adds a nice flair and fills your nose with a nice aroma when you take a sip of the daiquiri. You can also use a slice of lime as a garnish as well.
Expert Tips and Variations
- Try a lemon daiquiri by swapping the lemon juice for the lime. It will give the drink a passion fruit lemonade vibe.
- If you can’t find passion fruit liqueur, you can replace it with passion fruit juice. Keep in mind, this will make it a bit less boozy, so if you prefer a boozier drink, you can increase the white rum by ½ ounce.
- You can substitute agave nectar syrup for simple syrup if you prefer.
- You can swap turbinado sugar instead of regular white, granulated sugar when making the simple syrup for a deeper and richer flavor.
Step 1: Add the rum and passion fruit liqueur to a cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Add the lime juice and simple syrup to the shaker.
Step 4: Then, garnish with a lime peel or slice.
Can I make a batch of passion fruit daiquiris for a crowd?
Of course! This recipe easily scales up – I’ve included measurements to serve 8 in the recipe comments if you need more details.
Can I make a batch in advance?
Because this recipe uses fresh juice, I recommend only making a batch up to one day in advance. Make sure to keep the batch cool in the fridge.
Did you love this cocktail?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating & review in the comments below.
Passion Fruit Daiquiri Recipe
- 1 ½ ounces white rum
- 1 ounce passion fruit liqueur
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Lime peel or slice for garnish (optional)
- Add the white rum, passion fruit liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until well chilled, and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lime peel or slice, if desired.
- 1 ½ cups white rum
- 1 cup passion fruit liqueur
- ¾ cup lime juice
- ½ cup simple syrup
- Lime slices, optional
- Add the white rum, passion fruit liqueur, lime juice, and simple syrup to a large pitcher. Stir well.
- Chill before serving – the cocktail batch can be made up to 1 day in advance.