If you’re looking for a simple lemonade mocktail, look no further than this Passion Fruit Mint Lemonade Mocktail. This refreshing drink tastes just like a lemonade-based non-alcoholic mojito that any cocktail OR mocktail lover will love.
If you’re looking for more non-alcoholic beverages and mocktails, my non-alcoholic Strawberry Elderflower Mocktail Fizz with Mint would be a great option!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s simple! This fruity drink only requires 3 simple ingredients with minty and fruity flavors that go perfectly together.
- It’s refreshing, especially for a blistering hot Summer day.
- It is easily scalable. It can be made into a big batch and served for several different occasions. It’s one of the best mocktail recipes for baby showers.
- Fresh mint – I like to buy the mini mint plants that are often found in the produce section. They’re often cheaper than buying a package of fresh mint and I get way more for my money.
- Passion fruit nectar – Fresh passion fruit is extremely difficult to come by where I live, so I will buy passion fruit nectar often.
- Lemonade – I used store-bought lemonade, but you can definitely use homemade lemonade too! Sparkling lemonade would be great as well for a bubbly mocktail that would be extra refreshing on a hot day.
- Garnishes – I used some extra fresh mint, but you can also use lemon slices as well.
In this recipe, the passion fruit nectar is frozen into ice cubes. To make this lemonade mocktail a bit more aesthetic and feel fancy, I used fancy ice molds. Specifically, I used a rose ice mold pictured below, but you can use any shape that speaks to you.
Pre-step: Fill an ice cube tray with the passion fruit nectar and freeze for several hours or overnight.
Step 1: Add the mint to a cocktail glass and muddle with a muddler or a spoon.
Step 2: Add the passion fruit ice cubes.
Step 3: Pour the lemonade over the passion fruit ice cubes.
Step 4: Garnish with more fresh mint or a slice of lemon on top.
Tips and FAQ
What is passion fruit nectar?
Passion fruit nectar is passion fruit juice that has been sweetened. Passion fruit can be pretty sour, so I like to use the nectar for cocktails. You can use 100% passion fruit juice, but keep in mind it will be more sour. If you find that to be the case, a little simple syrup or agave syrup can help sweeten to taste.
Where can I find passion fruit nectar?
I’ve found it in the international section of the grocery store and at my local Asian grocery store. I’ve found passion fruit nectar in bulk at Costco too. Of course, there is always Amazon as well.
Can I make a big batch for a crowd?
Absolutely. If you want to make a big batch in advance, you can muddle the mint in the bottom of a large pitcher or punch bowl with a wooden spoon. Then add the lemonade and chill for up to 24 hours. Before serving, add the passion fruit ice cubes. Measurements that you’ll need to make a big batch are in the notes section of the recipe.
Can you make this an alcoholic cocktail?
Of course, adding a shot of vodka and/or using some hard lemonade can turn this non-alcoholic mojito drink boozy.
Here are a few ideas for variations of this lemonade mojito mocktail:
- Use fresh basil instead of fresh mint for an Italian twist.
- Add fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries, or lemon wedges to the passion fruit nectar when you are making the frozen passion fruit ice.
- Add a few lavender flowers as garnish for the aroma and aesthetic. This would be especially beautiful for Spring holidays like Easter or bridal showers.
- Use 50% lemonade and 50% ginger beer (which is non-alcoholic just like ginger ale) for a little spicy kick.
Did you love this cocktail?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating & review in the comments below.
Reviews will help others find this recipe! Sharing is caring 🙂
Passion Fruit Mint Lemonade Mocktail Recipe
- 3-4 leaves fresh mint
- 1-2 ice cubes frozen passion fruit nectar
- 4-5 ounces lemonade
- Extra fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- Pre-step: Freeze passion fruit nectar in an ice cube tray.
- Muddle mint in the bottom of a cocktail glass.
- Add passion fruit ice then top with lemonade.
- Gently stir and garnish, if desired.
- 24-32 mint leaves
- 4-8 large passion fruit nectar ice cubes (approximately 1-2 cups of passion fruit nectar if using a 2” ice mold)
- 4-5 cups lemonade