This Cranberry Mistletoe Martini with Vodka is one of the easiest and tastiest cocktail recipes you can make for the holiday season. It only takes 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this cocktail.
You can make this Mistletoe Martini recipe for one or an entire crowd! Batch cocktail measurements are also included below. If you want other recipes for batch cocktails, check out my Apple Cider Hot Toddies for a Crowd and Cranberry Mistletoe Pitcher Margaritas.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s simple – Mistletoe Martinis are only 4 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes!
- It’s refreshing – This delicious cocktail is refreshing to drink with all the holiday foods. I find it a great palate cleanser!
- It’s festive – This martini screams the holidays with its red color and rosemary garnish.
- Vodka – Save the expensive stuff for plain vodka martinis and you also definitely want to skip the super cheap stuff. Go for brands like Tito’s and Absolut. I’ve always been a fan Costco’s vodka line, but it is only sold at select locations.
- Cranberry juice cocktail – It’s important to get the “juice cocktail” because it’s sweetened and needed to balance the tartness of the drink.
- Triple sec – In my opinion, a quality triple sec makes all the difference in cocktails. Cointreau is my favorite triple sec, which adds a pop of orange flavor.
- Lemon juice – Fresh citrus juice tastes the best in cocktails, but bottled is fine if that’s all you have. Lime juice can be substituted if desired.
- Garnishes – I used a sprig of rosemary and dried citrus wheel, but this is optional. Another option for a garnish is fresh cranberries.
Step by Step Instructions
To make a Cranberry Mistletoe Martini, you’ll need to:
1 – Add the vodka to the cocktail shaker.
2 – Then add the cranberry and lemon juices.
3 – Add the triple sec and ice.
4 – Shake well and strain into a martini or coupe glass.
5 – Garnish with a rosemary sprig and/or dried citrus slice.
- Add the ice last after you add all of the ingredients to the cocktail shaker. It’ll prevent the ice from diluting your martini.
- You can use coupe or martini glasses. My absolute favorite martini glassware comes from Viski.
There are two types of cranberry juice – “100% cranberry juice” and “cranberry juice cocktail.”
I would advise against using the 100% cranberry juice. This recipe tastes best with cranberry juice cocktail, which is sweetened. If you do want to use 100% cranberry juice, you will want to add a little bit of simple syrup to help balance the flavors of the cocktail. Otherwise, you’ll likely find the cocktail too tart.
To make a batch of 8 Cranberry Mistletoe Martinis, you’ll need:
-1 ½ cups vodka
-1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
-½ cup triple sec
-¾ cup lemon juice
-Rosemary and/or citrus wheels for garnish, optional
1 – Mix the vodka, cranberry juice cocktail, triple sec, and lemon juice in a large pitcher. Stir very well to ensure proper mixing.
2 – If not serving right away, chill in the fridge. Add ice when ready to serve (if you add it too soon it will dilute the martinis).
3 – Serve with rosemary and/or citrus wheels in the pitcher or with the cocktail glasses.
Tip: freeze ½ – 1 cup of fresh cranberries to use as the “ice” that you can add to the pitcher to keep it cool. Plus there is no dilution using fresh cranberries.
Did you love this cocktail?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below & a review in the comments section below.
Cranberry Mistletoe Martini with Vodka Recipe
- 1 ½ ounce vodka
- 1 ounce cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ ounce triple sec
- ¾ ounce lemon juice
- Rosemary sprigs and/or citrus wheels for garnish (optional)
- Add the vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until well chilled.
- Strain cocktail shaker into a martini or coupe glass.
- Garnish with rosemary and/or citrus wheels, if using.
- 1 ½ cups vodka
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ cup triple sec
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- Rosemary and/or citrus wheels for garnish, optional