This Shimmering Cotton Candy Spritz Cocktail is an eye-catching and fun cocktail that only takes a few simple ingredients to make! This sweet treat is made with fluffy cotton candy, rosé sparkling wine, and edible glitter.
If you love sparkling spritz cocktails, you’ll love my Limoncello Spritz, Hugo Spritz, and Chambord Spritz cocktails. If you love shimmering cocktails with edible glitter, check out the Blue Mermaid Water Margarita or Champagne Jello Shots. You can get the full list of my other shimmering cocktails in my list of Best Glitter Cocktails.
Why This Recipe Works
- Aesthetic – The shimmering bubbles make for a beautiful cocktail. It’s the perfect drink for girl’s nights, a special occasion like a birthday party, or holidays like Valentine’s Day (or Galentine’s) and New Year’s Eve.
- Easy – It’s a very simple recipe and only requires 3 ingredients!
- Customizable – You can opt for different colors and flavors of cotton candy for a customized cocktail.
- Cotton candy – White or pink cotton candy would go best with the color of the rosé sparkling wine. There are many flavored cotton candies available, everything from birthday cake to frosted doughnuts to watermelon flavored. Cotton candy acts a bit like simple syrup and dissolves very well into the prosecco.
- Rosé prosecco – I recommend using a dry or brut style prosecco as the cotton candy will make the cocktail sweet enough. I don’t recommend using real, regular Champagne as I would save that for drinking on its own.
- Edible glitter – This adds a fun whimsical feel to the cotton candy drink. If you’re making this for guests, they will absolutely love this.
Extra cotton candy for garnish – I positioned a bit of extra cotton candy on the top of the glass – keep in mind that as soon as moisture hits the cotton candy, the cotton candy melts immediately. You can also garnish with pink sugar or simple table sugar on the rim of the glass if you prefer.
Step 2: Add a small pinch of edible glitter and stir.
Step 3: Top with a cotton candy garnish, if desired.
Here are a few variations that you can try with this cocktail recipe:
- Turn this alcoholic beverage into a cotton candy mocktail – Try replacing the rosé prosecco with bubbly, sparkling water or sparkling pink lemonade. Cream soda would be another option to try. A mocktail version is perfect for serving at a baby shower.
- Change the color – You can use regular prosecco that is more of a gold color and use a different color of cotton candy such as blue cotton candy.
- Add a shot of vodka or triple sec for a Cotton Candy Martini Spritz or an Orange Cotton Candy Spritz. A strawberry-flavored vodka would be a good choice like Absolut Juice Strawberry.
- Add some fruit juice like orange juice or pineapple juice for a Cotton Candy Mimosa.
Tips and FAQ
Can I make a batch of Cotton Candy Spritz cocktails?
Yes, you can make a batch of cotton candy cocktails! Simply add your chilled prosecco to a large pitcher and add a few pinches of edible glitter. Stir well. Allow guests to add their own cotton candy to their glass and pour the prosecco from the pitcher themselves.
Easy Party Idea: Make a cotton candy cocktail bar
Put out several different flavors of cotton candy and allow guests to pick their sweet flavor of choice before pouring the prosecco overtop.
Can I make a batch in advance of when I need it?
I would avoid making this cocktail in advance as the sparkling wine may go flat.
Did you love this cocktail?
Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating & review in the comments below.
Reviews will help others find this recipe!
Cotton Candy Spritz Cocktail Recipe
- 1 small handful cotton candy
- 4 ounces sparkling rosé prosecco (dry or brut)
- 1 pinch edible glitter
- Extra cotton candy for garnish (optional)
- Add the cotton candy the bottom of a cocktail glass.
- Top with rosé prosecco.
- Add the edible glitter and stir gently.
- Garnish with more cotton candy on the rim, if desired.
- Yes, you can make a batch of cotton candy cocktails! Simply add your chilled prosecco to a large pitcher and add a few pinches of edible glitter. Stir well. Allow guests to add their own cotton candy to their glass and pour the prosecco from the pitcher themselves.
- I would avoid doing this as the sparkling wine may go flat.