Salted chocolate and peanut popcorn sound like they just belong together. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t like the sweet and salty vibe. Salt just enhances the taste of the sweet. These clusters also have nutty, toasty goodness from the peanuts and popcorn. Make sure that you use plain popcorn, meaning unsalted, un-buttered, and no other flavor. You want to be able to control the taste. You’ll get the salt flavor from the salted, roasted peanuts.
They’re super simple and basically about as complicated as a rice crispy treats, but yet they taste like so much more. I think it’s the perfect October treat with Halloween just around the corner. In my opinion, simple is always best. If you feel the same, you might want to also check out my free weeknight meal planner. It’s the perfect frame work to be able to whip nothing into something delicious, nourishing, and quick on a weeknight.Print
Salted Chocolate & Peanut Popcorn Clusters
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 8 oz. (about 5 ½ cups) mini marshmallows
- 8 cups plain popcorn (no salt, no butter)
- ⅔ cup salted peanuts
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chips
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add in mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows melted – careful not to burn. Remove from heat. Add in popcorn then fold in peanuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread as much as possible with spatula. Refrigerate for at least 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in microwave for about 1-1 ½ minutes on high or until melted and spreadable.
- Once cooled, break into popcorn mixture into 12 pieces/clusters. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Chill for additional 10 minutes or until chocolate solid. Enjoy!
Shop the recipe: